Data files used for quote or manufacture can be sent to MEI via email or FTP using the file transfer instructions shown below. MEI offers fully secure, ITAR safe data transfer.
Preferred data formats are Gerber (274 or 274X) or Valor ODB++. Drill files should be in ASCII format. Fabrication drawings are best if outputted as Gerber, HPGL, HPGL2 or AutoCAD DXF/DWG files (Please include a PDF file of the fab drawing). An IPC¬ D-356 netlist is highly recommended for electrical testing.
Data files and drawings should be compressed together into either ZIP (WinZip) or TGZ (UNIX) files to reduce file size and speed up the file transfer process. Alternative data types or compression schemes may be acceptable by agreement.
Please let us know if you have any questions or experience any file transfer problems by contacting our Customer Service Department by phone 714-974-8590 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The MEI Team
- FILE TRANSFER INSTRUCTIONS –
Attach your files to an email and send to: email@example.com. Attached files should be no larger than 15 MB (15,000 KB) although we have the capability to accept up to a 32 MB file. Please keep in mind that your own email server may be a limiting factor in your ability to send large file attachments.
Please contact our Customer Service Department by phone at (714) 974-8590 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and request your FTP Username and Password, which will open a secure site for your data transfer.
1) Go to http://www.mei4pcbs.com
2) Point to “Technology” or the "Sales" tab and click on "Data Transfer"
3) Enter your user ID and Password exactly as provided (case sensitive)
4) Merely drag and drop or copy your files to the right side of the open window, this is your secure folder. Copy files only, no folders please. If you’ve searched your network for files make sure you paste the files to ftp.mei4pcbs.com
You may also go directly to: ftp.mei4pcbs.com
1) Enter your user ID and Password exactly as provided (case sensitive)
2) Merely drag and drop or copy your files to the right side of the open window, this is your secure folder. Copy files only, no folders please. If you’ve searched your network for files make sure you paste the files to ftp.mei4pcbs.com